Director of Agriculture and Utility Services
4105 – 51 Avenue (Shop)
Vegreville, AB T9C 1R6
The County of Minburn No. 27 contains 694,304 acres of land with approximately one half million acres cropped annually or seeded to tame forage. The balance is made up of both improved and unimproved pasture land and native bush. Grain and Cow/Calf production is the majority of our Agricultural Production.
Areas of Agricultural Service Board Responsibility are found here and include:
- Monitoring & Enforcement of Alberta Agricultural Pests Act
- Monitoring & Enforcement of Alberta Weed Control Act
- Provide Extension service from Provincial Department of Agriculture to Producers
- Perform weed & brush control on approximately 1400 miles of local roads
Notice of Agricultural Plastics Accepted at Waste Transfer Stations
The County of Minburn No. 27 accepts the following agricultural items at our Ranfurly and Mannville Waste Transfer Stations:
- chemical containers for recycling
- twine for recycling (in plastic bags)
- plastic grain bags for recycling (if rolled)
- net wrap from landfill disposal (in plastic bags)
Plastic bags for recycling twine or net wrap for disposal may be picked up either at Mannville or Ranfurly Waste Transfer Stations, or at the County of Minburn Agricultural Service Board Office.
Click here to view our applications, documents, and policies.
Click here to view our FAQ page.